The 305 lab does not lend itself well to a flat document because we frequently find it necessary to jump around in the lab manual and many students find this frustrating. We hope this new online lab manual will be more user friendly.
You can view most of the 305 website without becoming a member; however, you will have to become a member to see the weekly guides.
Include your full name and student ID in your request so I can identify you. Note that you will need to create a wikidot.com account to become a member.
Using this manual
- As you already know, there is no printed lab manual to purchase. Except for protocols, you will not be getting any printed material in the lab.
- We will give you a printed copy protocol book. You can also find the protocols in this pdf.
- It is very easy to print any web pages using the print button is at the bottom of each page. You can even adjust the font size and style to suit yourself.
- Use the left menu links to get to various sections of the manual.
- The top menu items take you to support pages.
- Use the Search box to search the entire 305 site for any word.
- Please note and use the Forums (at the left).
The 2015 Tentative Lab Schedule is a very brief outline of what we are doing each week. You will need to follow the more detailed weekly guides (see links in the top navigation bar) both to prepare for the lab and to complete the lab.
Please print and bring the appropriate weekly guide with you to the lab.
Please note the schedule is tentative as of Sept. 1 , 2015. It will be updated and reposted if necessary.
Lab exam tips
Also - remember to see Practice problems to practice some calculations.